Community Service Programs (CSP) are what we do as a Woman’s Club and part of the General Federation of Woman’s Clubs (GFWC) community service.
There are six Community Service Programs, with volunteer chairs. Each CSP has three responsibilities:
- Be in charge of one interesting and informative monthly program during the year,
- Suggest tours and excursions of interest to our members, and
- Provide service to the community.
These responsibilities are in support of the Board of Trustee’s four main goals: 1) focus on community service, 2) increase social opportunities for our members and guests, 3) increase volunteer opportunities in the community, and 4) double our membership to double our community impact!
The six Community Service Programs are:
- Arts: Inspire members to promote and support arts activities and engage the creative ambiance in their lives. It includes arts, crafts, literature and performing arts. The Arts program provides a framework for club women to pursue a variety of artistic interests while educating their communities on the important role art plays in our lives.
- Conservation: Gain an appreciation for our environment. It includes energy awareness, resource conservation and solid waste management. Members are encouraged to appreciate the world around them, work to preserve and maintain the environment they inhabit and preserve and beautify their communities.
- Education: Provide educational opportunities, give scholarships, improved working conditions, health care and reform. It includes literacy, learning disabilities and continuing education. The Education program encourages club women to create learning opportunities for themselves and their communities through volunteerism,
- Home Life: Inform members of issues that affect the well-being of individual families and communities, such as health, housing, disease and financial difficulties. It includes family economics, health and substance abuse prevention. Home Life includes programs that acquaint members with contemporary issues facing their communities and offer resources to enable club women to improve their communities through volunteerism.
- International Outreach: Enable members to become better citizens through advocacy, education and action to effect change. It includes cultural exchange, outreach for children and United Nations information. International Outreach allows clubs to reach beyond their own communities through education and awareness.
- Public Issues: Connect members with effective projects and activities related to civic engagement. Involvement includes citizenship, domestic violence awareness, veterans’ affairs, voting, current affairs, local government and safety.